Tuesday, March 1, 2011

What Causes Squeeking In A Maytag Washer

The verdiales ring in ... Classical Radio

Last night I was asleep with the book on his chest and the radio on, because I was listening to the show of flamenco José María Velázquez-Gaztelu in Classical Radio, tucked in bed.

I suddenly awoke with a start to the chirping of a violin known and young voices singing style Almogía. How? Verdiales " instead of flamenco? I could not believe it: I thought the cassette, alone, had moved to play one of the many CDs that I have always stuck verdiales and willing to listen.

I stopped to listen carefully and I just woke up, finding the best sounding flamenco program to
brothers "Basket" and Panda Master of the castanets . And I kept wondering what was going on public radio for classical music.
Well, José María Velázquez began the interview with Paco Vargas
about his book "Flamenco in Malaga "with a couple of rounds of verdiales showed me again and yet again, the unstoppable force of this ancient folklore that is so alive, though transformed, as in any time in the past.
As I am a friend of José María and see that their verdiales recordings are very limited, I think I'll copy some of my favorite records of the Fiesta Chime-panda, panda of the castanets, panda Rafael Calderon, Holy Beep or 1 ª de Comares ... - and Then I write an email to the radio, after giving time to listen quietly recordings, and I request a monograph on the Fiesta, y. .. to see what it does.

If you want to hear those "hooks" Almogía, and comments from Paco Vargas, on verdiales, here I put the Classic Radio podcast.


0 comments:

Post a Comment